Aloha mai kakou!
Our annual General Membership Meeting and Potluck is scheduled for Sunday, November 24that 1PM.
As we enter the season of Makahiki, the traditional Hawaiian celebration of the harvest and a time of spiritual and cultural renewal; the Keōua membership prepares for the coming paddling season by selecting a new Board of Directors to manage its affairs and ensure the responsible stewardship of Hōnaunau Bay, while competing in outrigger canoe racing.
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
Keōua Hōnaunau Canoe Club seeks to recruit and maintain on its Board of Directors outstanding members whose talents and commitment to the mission and traditions of the Club will enhance the paddling experience for our membership and contribute to our ongoing stewardship of Honaunau Bay and the surrounding areas.
Board Member Responsibilities
Serving on any 501(c)3 Board of Directors entails a number of responsibilities that ensure the efficient operation of the organization and its activities. At Keōua Hōnaunau Canoe Club, the Board is responsible for all financial and legal management, as well as oversight of all Club operations and equipment maintenance.
Board members are expected to:
- Be exemplary in the payment of all Club dues and race fees – Board members should be the first to pay membership dues and race fees!
- Be willing to assume major responsibilities for the Club’s operations.
- Represent the interests of the whole Club, not specific constituencies. The best interests of the Club must always come first.
- Exemplify the finest qualities of good sportsmanship.
- Act with integrity, fairness and honesty with all Club members.
- Respect and seek guidance from our kupuna.
- Represent Keoua Honaunau Canoe Club in a positive and supportive manner at all times in the community.
- Attend board meetings and assist at all special events.
- Be informed about the organization’s mission, services, policies, and programs.
- Review agenda, minutes and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
- Serve on committees or task forces and offer to take on special assignments.
- Follow all board policies.
- Provide leadership in all Club fundraising activities.
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity.
We welcome members interested in serving on our board to submit their nomination for consideration. Following is the list of our current directors and candidates for our 2020 Board of Directors:
Nicky Yamauchi, Dennis Westcott
Jacque Wikum, Kawika Spaulding
Heather Scarbrough, Chris Runnells
Rafael Ramirez, Jimmy Medeiros
John Little, Jené Green
Jeremy Chien, Josh Allen
For more information: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org