Our purpose is to perpetuate the ancient art and culture of Hawaiian outrigger canoe paddling as traditionally practiced at beautiful Hōnaunau Bay, next to Pu‘uhonua o Hōnaunau National Historical Park. We welcome new and experienced paddlers of any age to join us on some of the most pristine, splendid and sacred waters in all of Hawai’i.
All club members are expected to know and exhibit proper canoe etiquette.
- Adults: $80
- Kamaliʻi (ages 12-18): $30
- Menehune (7-11 years old): $15
How to Join
The easiest way is to register and pay online using our form:
If you can’t register online, you can bring the following with you to the beach before practice:
- New members: registration form, HCRA waiver, and age verification (birth certificate, drivers license, etc)
- Returning members: print and fill out the registration form below and an HCRA waiver.
Registration Forms for 2022
ALL PADDLERS must fill out a 2022 HCRA WAIVER!
Official practice for 2022:
Men: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 4:45PM
Women: Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 4:45PM
Juniors (ages 10-18): Monday and Wednesday, 3:45pm
Menehune (ages 7-9): NO PRACTICE CURRENTLY
All new paddlers, please download and read the Keoua Paddlers’ Handbook.
Boat Rack Payments
Are you storing your OC-1, OC-2, or V1 at the canoe club, or you would like to? Priority on the racks go to active (participating or racing) Keōua Hōnaunau Canoe Club members. Racks are assigned. Fill out the boat rack payment form and complete your payment at PayPal. The cost is $80/year for OC-1 racks and $100/year for OC-2 racks (pay online here) for canoe club members only.
Long Distance Fee
If you plan to race during the long distance season that starts after the regatta season is done, you must pre-pay $100 to cover the race entries. This generally covers:
- Aunty Jane’s Hei Hei Race (Keauhou)
- Calvin Kelekolio Memorial Race (Honaunau)
- The Great Waikoloa Race (Anaeho’omalu Bay)
- The Queen Lili’uokalani Race (Saturday only, does not include double-hull races)
This pre-payment shows the coaches that you’re committed to racing long distance, and helps to simplify race registration fees for our coaches and crews. Note: there are no refunds for races that you don’t participate in due to absence.
Got questions? Contact Us!