Aloha mai kākou! We hope you had a wonderful holiday season and are ready to hit the water with us in the coming months. Here is a look at some of our upcoming events and we hope to see you down at Hōnaunau Bay!
General Membership Meeting and Work Day
This Sunday, January 28th at 11am we will be having our annual membership meeting and potluck at our halau. It will be a good chance to catch up with friends, vote for board members, and discuss plans for upcoming events, fundraising, and our racing season.
Prior to the membership meeting at 9am, we will spend a couple of hours doing yard work, cleaning up our halau and surrounding area, and getting our canoes prepped for the practice season. We’ll post a list of items on the bulletin board next week so everyone knows what to expect.
The 2024 Season
Here are a few things we’re excited about this year:
- Our upcoming Mac-a-thon will be in it’s 41st year; online registration is open today! We’re also looking for sponsors and silent auction donations, so please get in touch if you or someone you know is interested in supporting this great event.
- Keōua Hōnaunau Canoe Club was founded in 1974, which makes this year our 50th anniversary. We’re working on some things to mark this milestone for later this year; stay tuned!
- HCRA State races will be in O’ahu this year, and we’re looking forward to making sure our club is well represented. Imua Keōua!
Mark your calendars!
- Keoua Kupuna Memorial Race — Saturday, February 24, 2024
- Paddling Season Practice — starts in early March (specific dates to follow)
- 41st Annual Mac-a-thon — Saturday, March 30, 2024
Online Registration and Payments
You can register and pay for the 2024 season online on our website. For our OC-1 and OC-2 rack holders: please pay your dues and rack fees before the end of January! We are making some changes to our canoe rack policies—which we’ll talk about at our General Membership meeting—and we’ll cover it on our online registration page soon.
We are looking forward to another great year of paddling and we can’t wait to see you on the water!
Mahalo nui loa,
Keōua Hōnaunau Canoe Club